Rachel P. Maryan
Rachel has focused her practice on complex medical cases and healthcare. She has defended physicians, nurses, and healthcare systems in medical malpractice litigation. She has also advised healthcare clients on risk management and regulatory issues, and has represented providers being investigated by the Virginia Department of Health Professions.
Additionally, Rachel has represented veterans and their spouses and families in Federal Tort Claims Act cases regarding care provided in VA facilities and military hospitals. Rachel has handled a wide variety of cases nationwide from the administrative phase through litigation.
Rachel received her Bachelor of Science in Biology, summa cum laude and with Departmental Research and Academic Honors from Susquehanna University, and her Juris Doctorate from William & Mary Law School. While attending William & Mary, Rachel served as a Graduate Research Fellow and as the Senior Articles Editor of the William & Mary Environmental Law and Policy Review. She was also awarded a Dean's Certificate for her outstanding service to the law school and community.
- Susquehanna University, B.S., Biology, summa cum laude, 2010
- The College of William & Mary, J.D., 2013
- Virginia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
Honors & Distinctions
- Susquehanna University:
- George C. Boone Academic Award in Biology
- Departmental Research and Academic Honors
- University Scholar
- Beta Beta Beta Honors Biology Fraternity
- College of William & Mary Marshall-Wythe School of Law:
- Senior Articles Editor, William & Mary Environmental Law and Policy Review
- Graduate Research Fellow
- Herbert V. Kelly, Sr. Fellow
- Committee Chair, Bone Marrow Drive Committee
- Dean’s Certificate